I had such a blast camping w/ Keiko & Rett! You would think that boating out to an island to camp can't outdo itself, but things HAPPENED, man. At night, we sat at the very edge of the water and stargazed. What did we see? Everything. We saw more stars that I've seen in a long time. We saw orbiting satellites. We saw shooting stars. At one point, we asked the Greater Powers to show us something amazing, so amazing that it scares us a little. It totally happened:This photo does no justice, natch. The moon came out of nowhere, rising so fast, so bright, so orange. I couldn't get my camera fast enough! It had completely risen past the horizon before I couldn run 30 feet to get my camera! We had gone most of the night w/o the moon, so it was just shocking. It was beautiful, it was awesome, I'll never forget it. I wish I could write better to convey how rad it was.
Less talk, more...photos?


This photo is great. There's our firepit, made of crystal. On the cooler, a bottle of Patron. Cute people!:

The boat, the view, the AMD floating on a thingy, and our Captain:

ATM, smoke, moon, moon reflection:




This photo is great. There's our firepit, made of crystal. On the cooler, a bottle of Patron. Cute people!:

The boat, the view, the AMD floating on a thingy, and our Captain:

ATM, smoke, moon, moon reflection:


After camping, we all rode into town and ate lunch @ Rolando's. A note to get the tortilla soup & enchiladas again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
So, today, MONDAY, passed w/o too much incident, although I did have a wardrobe malfunction. The zipper on my beautiful pencil skirt gave out on me, but no one witnessed it, thankfully. I was on my way out to lunch when I noticed it and I was able to change when I got home.
Me & KMHD are going to Ft. Smith this weekend to visit Mayumi before she goes off to Japan and to visit Dad, help him with the yard work. It's a one-night stay, so there's no fucking around. We're going to stay w/ Mayumi. I doubt we'll go out and experience "the night life", as there really isn't one. Well, one we can tolerate. I am totally treating this trip as a dreadful chore, which is, well, I don't know. All I know is that you shouldn't drink the water.
Got off work a little early with the intent of doing some internets housekeeping -- updating profiles, blogs, uploading photos. Then I'd do some work work. Yes, I brought some home! It's mostly just organizing letters, but it's still work work. I've accomplished half of what I hoped for, but I'm satisfied.
I guess I'll spend the rest of the evening preparing my bento (leftover shrimp!), showering, tending to my goddamn sunburn, and charging my AiPod for the walk to work! There's a possibility of a Farmer's Market visit tomorrow. I've got blueberries, dry-aged beef, and okra on the brain. We'll see!

1 comment:
Don't buy blueberries! I've got you covered.
Post a Comment